Between Death & Life, Conversations with a Spirit by Dolores Cannon, Ozark Mountain Publishers, 1993.
(From book cover) What occurs at the point of death? Where do we go afterward? Does our personality survive after death? These are all eternal questions.
Dolores Cannon has accumulated information about the death experience and what lies beyond through 16 years of hypnotic research and past-life therapy. While reliving past-life experiences hundreds of subjects reported the same memories when experiencing their death, the spirit realm, and their rebirth.
Experience the sessions as they originally occurred. Recorded and dictated word for word, the subjects reveal enlightening wisdom that is hidden in the subconscious of all humankind. The book will explore:
- The Death Experience.
- Different Levels of Existence in the Spirit Realm.
- Guides and Guardian Angels.
- Do Heaven and Hell Really Exist?
- Ghosts and Poltergeists.
- Planning your Present Lifetime and Karmic Relationships before Your Birth.
- Perceptions of God and the Devil.
- The Significance of "Bad" Lifetimes.
- The Various Councils and Their Influence on Humankind and the Universe.
- The Birth Experience.
The author states that, despite the tremendous variations in the past lives of the many patients she has regressed into deep hypnotic states, the information provided by them on the period between lives is essentially completely consistent from each. This is strong evidence for the reality of their regression memories about the afterlife.
Many of the findings about the afterlife which have been described in Dr. Newton's two books have been duplicated in this book. Some of the additional key results are:
- The spirit can detach from the body just before death in order to minimize pain.
- A silver cord ties the spirit to the body and is severed at death.
- People on earth who can enter a trance state or have an out-of-body experience can make use of a spiritual healing center.
- A tapestry exists whose threads or strings represent the lives of all souls, and can be accessed by advanced souls.
- Lower-level souls can exist on a plane where earth events such as fighting and murder are viewed.
- Fairies and sprites and leprechauns exist in the spirit realm but can manifest on earth. They support the animal and plant kingdoms.
- Level or planes of spiritual development are not discrete, but continuously located over a spectrum of levels.
- Suicide is a major wrong and may take many lives to rectify.
- Spirits may be "imprinted" with experiences from past lives they didn't live on Earth.
- A 'walk-in' is a spirit which replaces by agreement the previous spirit in a human body.
The few areas of difference between Dolores Cannon's findings and those of Dr. Newton include:
- A place of extended resting may be used by an arriving spirit, as part of the healing process.
- Possession of an earth body can take place through the action of negative elemental spirits.
- Souls can request that they be met on arrival by the energy of Jesus.
- Less advanced souls can use a text form of their life history. Also, "branch libraries" of life histories are located in the lower astral planes.
Primary Reasons to Read this Work
This book is an important source of information about the afterlife. The regression sessions described in it were conducted over roughly the same period of time as those conducted by Dr. Newton. Thus, this book constitutes an independent confirmation of many of Newton's results. It also provides much complementary material which serves to broaden understanding of what happens between a spirit's death on earth and rebirth. Particularly important is the high correlation among all the regression recollections which both Newton and Cannon found.
| Home Page |